Sunday, July 22, 2007

What to do on a hot Saturday afternoon






Well it was just one answer to that, cut out a quilt. Yes I got 200 parallograms cut and started cutting the strips for the ninepatch.The quilt above is not by me but its what this pile of fabric will look like when I get done I hope. Only the burgandy takes the place of the green. My problems now is going out side my comfort range in colors matching. I'm already seeing im trying to do everything in burgandy shades and that isnt what I wanted so ive got to search my fabs for colors that go with it but that dont really have to blend totally. Im hoping this will be for the new bedroom when its done, the colors will be copper, burgandy, and brown. It took me most of the late afternoon and night to get those cut out.









Also what I did today was work on my around the world, Ive got all the blocks cut into strips for the other 3/4 of the quilt. Now I need to sew them and then pick them apart and sew them togeather. Really dont have alot to do for this one it just sitting down and doing it.


Anyway I guess for all the fabs ive been buying (but got some really great deals) I really need to sit my self down and do alot of sewing. (looks around at the other things that need to get down)
SO much to do and so little time it seems. What did I ever do when I was working, I cant imagine how I got anything done.
Oh well Im off to bed.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous quilt. what pattern is it. I love the 3D look to it. Your colours are going to look great

saphirz said...

Its called a 3-d ninepatch I found it in an old book of quilts that I just found at a sidewalk sale. The book is from 1994 and is called great american quilts. I have only found 1 pix of it on the web and this the one I have barrowed the pix of. There is a lot of cutting involved with it that is for sure.