Friday, July 13, 2007

Veggies,Trolls,Grasshoppers and Dragons


Hi everyone, well this week has been busy, I did get my stuff ready for the appy swap and troll is ready to travel around the world. Lets see I cleaned my sewing room, changed some things how I had storage. I worked in the garden some, here are some of the fruits of my labor. The middle of the sweetcorn was blown down in one of our thunderstorms we have had, so it doesnt look good for that part of it, I tryed to stand it back up but it just falls back over. A funny thing is going on with the corn anyway, its tasseling out with any ears on the stock, I thought you had to have silk on the ears to catch the pollen. Pretty soon ill have tomatoes,I cant wate. The watermelon has jsut started putting fruit on and I have gerkin size cucumbers. If I had a crock id pickle some of those but I dont so Ill let them grow to full size.
We mowed yesterday just intime for an other storm so since the day before the 4th we have had 5 " and 2/10. For July that is suppost to be the dryest month its off to a bang. One of the fields a bout a mile from us was just distroyed by hail with the last big one we had a few days ago. We had some of that hail but nothing like they did just a mile away.
I went to find fabric pens yesterday, and ended up in a town that was haveing sidewalk sales so I found some good buys at the quiltshop there, a book called Great American quilts 1994, there are some beautiful quilts in this book with patterns. I got a few FQ for 1.00 each also. In an other place I found a neat ruler, is a wedge ruler for making cheverons and spectrum quilts. I had been eyeing it for a while i t went from 26.95 to 10.00 great buy! I did get my fabric pens to but there wasnt much of a choice.


With my Troll for the swap, Ive made siggy blocks, ive appliqued runes stones on to the block and beaded the symbol on the stones. Each stone symbol has a meaning which I thought was kinda neat. I picked ones that I thought was more for the group of the swap. I wish I could go all the places my troll will be going... lots of states and off to Canada and then to Australia. That would be so much fun to follow him all those places. And hes going to meet some really great people along the way. Any way the swap is going to be alot of fun to do. One of the girls at Quiltchat.com is trying to get me to join a few of the other swaps that are going to be coming up, I wish I was going to have the time to do that, but wiht remodeling and the other quilts Im having to get done its not a good idea to start anymore.
Im still taking care of my daughters Bearded dragon, wow he can eat, he chomps down grasshoppers like there candy, he also likes the sweet snap peas. Hes like a little kid and a candy shop with watermelon, he cant have much but he sits there sucking on it. You should see me out catching grasshoppers and yes they do bite. I take out a small aquarium and catch about 20 of them at a time I guess they dont mind to much becasue there still mating in the tank. I think these grasshoppers carry their eggs on there backs. its like a bright red round things. I guess ive never payed to much attention to them other then cursing them out when they eat my garden.
We are so thankful we have the A/C now the house is staying real nice even when its humid and hot out. Day seem to go so fast now days, I cant believe its almost half way threw July already.
We have to get the bedroom done before it turns cold and it may take us that long. We have the siding off out side on the norht side of the house with just tar paper covering the wood. Once we get the bedroom done then we need to start on the bathroom and im sure that is going to run into winter. The electrician will have to come out agian and rewire these room and the electric company is going to come out and give us a better service than what we have now. We are converting over to all electric and we have a generator we are going to tie into the system for when we loose power. Right now with the old wireing its hard to get a insurance company to insure us so Ill be glad to have that done.
Well im going to go do something ... not sure what it was now lol. i'll Write again sooon....

No comments: