Thursday, July 5, 2007

holiday and family

Its been a few days since last posting, hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th. My oldest daughter come for over night, it was nice to see her even tho her visits are so short. With working and all her reptiles and other animals, ie her rats and dwarf hampsters. She has hairless rats that are really on the cute side, Ive never been one to like to hold a rat ( would rather hold any other of the mammals ) but hers are really kinda neat to hold. She has assorted frogs and turtles, snakes and lizards. Also the 2 cats and birds I cant for get to mention. Its sorta like walking into a small zoo in her house. Samantha was the one that got Jessica into having her bearded dragon, which im taking care of for the next month. So im going to be catching grasshoppers and turning music on for Falcor, and hand feeding him this goo stuff that he loves. Jessica will be staying with Sam for the next month in the big city, she looks forward to this, going shopping and all those things that she misses living out in the country.

We shot off fireworks last night (the 4th) and had a great time, today we went out on one of the lakes with the boat, It was a bit warm but not to bad with the breeze on the water. We fished but didnt catch any keepers, it was just a nice layed back day out there.

We got our A/C on for the holiday !! They arnt totally done but at least we have it cooler in the house seeing the temps are suppost to be right at 100 degress this weekend.

I didnt get anything quilty done today or yesterday, just no time. I did pick up some crates things that stack for putting my fabs in, Im going to change how I have them so I dont have to dig threw drawers all the time. I probably keep my yardages in the drawers still tho.

I have no new pix to add, I forgot to take my camera with me today.... so didnt get the great shots of the little fish we did catch.

I did update Samantha's pix on the side here on her request.

Well im hoping to get something done tomarrow but I do have to clean house again from the guys being in and out of the house the last week. And of course I need catch grasshoppers and turn music on for Falcor. and oh yea stand the sweet corn back up after the storm the other night bent it over.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Gosh - you have been super-busy lately. I've read your last few postings and feel worn out - lol !
You have had some great buys I think - the sewing machine and all that fabric. Suppose you just need time now to use them !

Sarah Nopp said...

I hope you get a break soon! Like a float on an inner tube or a sew-in!

swooze said...

Glad you go the a/c going! Hope the rest of the remodel is coming along well.