Wednesday, May 16, 2007

working outside











On 5/14 we worked on the garden some more it was a bit warm, as we were working on it this storm started building to the east of us. It only took a matter of min to get really huge. It never did hit us, it was moving north and east. about an hour after taking this picture I could hear thunder coming from the storm. As you can see we can see for ever on a clear day. The colors here are so vivid all the time, there is very little polutions in the air. We had 1/2 inch of rain that night just enought to take the dust out of the air and make everything so green and bright.
I had 2 yellow iris come out today 5/15. The purple are much prettyer but any flowers are nice to see.
Just one more day and we will have the fence up and will be ready to plant. The fence is used as much to keep the wild animals out but to keep our dogs out also. My large dog millie loves cucumbers and will grab them at any chance she has. It was ok last year we had plenty of cucumbers to feed an army. and tomatos wow we had so many I got a rash from eatting so many. But I love being able to just walk out to the garden, pick a tomato and eat it right there.
I planted snap peas last year and the grasshoppers loved them the best we really didnt get any, same with the carrots.

I worked on a quilt that is going to go on the couch as a cover, after getting part of it done ive decited im not going to have enought fabric to do the whole thing so im going make a lap quilt from this one and start a different one for the couch with fabric that I have lots of. Its going to be many trips around the world.

As we were getting finished with doing the fence, I was listening to the song birds at sunset, they sounded so pretty, living in AZ I had forgot what it was like to have so many birds singing in the evening.
Well im off to bed ...........more later ..........

No comments: