Friday, May 18, 2007

new ideas for a quilt


The couch cover I had started, I found I wasnt going to have enought fabric so I'll just make a small lap quilt from it. Now I have decited on using this fabric, I have much more of it and I'm liking the colors better for the room its going in that is all browns in the wood and the wood paneling on the walls.
Yesterday I really over did it, finished putting all the rest of the garden in, and made lasagna, cleaned the floors in the house, and went shopping. Today im really feeling it! Im taking it easy today totally.
We got gas yesterday, I almost cryed ! We filled 3-5 gallon cans for the mower and yard stuff and filled the truck, guess how much .....$110.00.
I was just sick, Couldnt belive it! Why is this, in a weeks time its gone up like almost 30 cents a gallon. It seems to me everytime summer and traveling comes around the gas prices go up. Is this so they can make alot of money for them selves. I know its not the gas pump owners that is making the money its the oil and refinerys owners. I thought price goes up with suppy and demand.... what is happening here, dont we have the same amount of oil being had. I understand there is only one company that owns the gas and supplys to all the companys no matter what there names is. What happened to not having a monopoly in this country? Where is this going to stop? /putting soap box away.
We didnt even get the yard quite finished mowing and its time to start all over again, we had 2 days of rain 1/2 inch one day and 4/10 of an inch the other, just enought to really get the grass and weeds growing....
My comment to comments.........
Ive had a few comments for my blog saying its boring, I know its no going to be interesting to all that read and Im sorry about that but this is my blog for fun and to keep family and friends up todate and share pictures with what we are doing out here in the middle of know where.
Well im going to sew for a while and relax.......write more later maybe

No comments: