Wednesday, May 23, 2007

After the rain
























Sorry havent written in a few days, we have been busy with outside thing, mowing the 4 of 5 acres is very time consuming. We are starting to get a handle on it tho. We need to get back to the bedroom rentivations soon, the heating and cooling guy still hasnt come by yet.. I know hes really busy this time of year and they lost one of there plumbers so that doesnt help. I'm really hoping to get the air conditioning in before it decides to get hot. It will be totally nasty to have to work in there in the heat. Its hard to focus on one thing right now being the out doors need attention also. We have alot of the tree damage cleaned up but there is more to go yet, plus the dead trees that have been here since we move in still need to be addressed. SO many things SO little time.

We had a really bad thunderstorm last night with hail and wind, most of the hail was pea size but then we had some golf ball size ones to. It rained so hard in such a short time, and for a while we had rain going horizontal with the ground. A few countys away down in Kansas they had a tornado, that got me nervous to say the least. I had some damage in the garden of some of the plants I put in hopefully not enought that they wont come back. In less than a few hours we had 2 1/2 inches of rain. We had rivers running in the yard and lots of standing water, thank goodness it was gone this morning mostly.We didnt have to go anywhere today so we dont know how the roads are, a mess im guessing.


Jessica is out of school and has been helping do some of the yard work thank goodness, I came down with the stomach flu the day before yesterday and was down most of the day and yesterday I wasnt worth a darn. Im doing pretty good today compaired, my stomich is not hurting like it was yesterday. I dont know what caused it or where it came from but I know it wasnt from bad food no stomach cramping so that was I guess a goood thing.


Jessica has quite afew things lined up this summer to keep her self busy, shes going to a few camps and to her sisters house in omaha for a month. The critter in the above pictures is Falcor the bearded dragon. Jessica (not pictured her friend is the lizard perch)has raised Flacor from a very small baby, He is just over a year now and growing bigger ever day. He can consume over 30 crickets a day and lots of super worms, also green leaf lettuce and fruits. He expecally likes strawberrys. In the summer we catch grasshoppers for him, there is a down fall to that tho we need to take the back legs off the grasshoppers before he eats them. Its been interesting having him around, beardies are very mellow most of the time but do take alot of time and care to keep them. Its interesting keeping him at 80 to 90 degrees all year round, the winter was a challange expecally when we lost our power. They are native to Australia and are related to the flair dragon. When he gets mad or upset or is sunning he will turn really dark, the underside around his neck he can flair out turn black and he'll open his mouth and look mean. He is a cross with a german giant so he will be on the large side, right now hes 20 inchs long. Hes colors are lemon and orange, hes getting a neckless of orange scales under his chin and hes lips are getting orange. around his eyes there is a sun burst pattern of yellow.


The pattern down his back is very pronounced with some purples and reds. In the pix above he is very pale becasue hes calm and not sunning. To me he looks like what the mythical dragon may have looked like minus the wings. on his shoulders he has an area on both sides that are fat pockets but maybe that is where the wings were attached at one time? He has scales and spiney simi sharp scales all around him, I can imagine they were sharp at one time and alot bigger. He is true cold blooded and he will pancake his body as you see in the pix above to soak in the heat of your body.


I havent quilted in like 3 days, I do have it sitting right infront of me staring at me saying sew me, sew me. I'll probably sew some today after getting some other things done. We are taking Jessica for a short or long weekend trip, I will write more about that after it happens for its a suprize for her and she may read this. I hope the weather is good tho, seems we are going to have maybe 20% chance of rain. Last year at this time we were already hot, on the holiday we had 100 degrees and it was so hot it seemed. I moved from AZ to get away from that kind of weather, hopefully we wont have that just yet here this year.



Well need to get some things done, I'll be back to write soon............

No comments: