Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers day

It was a warm day here today, we worked on getting the garden in and got about half way done. We enlarged the garden from last year and moved areas that its to be in. The area last year was in front of the chicken coop but so many weeds grew there I couldnt keep up with them and the grasshoppers were thick. In moving it we hope we wont have the weeds and as many grasshoppers to deal with. The folks that owned the farm way back before 1900 had a clothes line up in this area, im not needing to use it now so we removed the pole that was like 10 feet in the ground (no tornado would have even moved it). The soil is pretty rich no matter where you dig so we should have a pretty good garden even in this area.

Im working on a new quilt to put on the couch as a cover, I decided on an around the world pattern done with scrappy sorta look. I'll be able to use alot of my smaller pieces of fabric this way. I had gotten alot of sample fabrics that will work just right.

My daughter is making dinner for me tonight, spag/w meat balls. Its nice not haveing to cook for one night.

I'll write more later im going to sew for a while.........

No comments: