Tuesday, June 12, 2007

To hot to do anything

The last few days have been really warm and humid. We have had storms to the west of us and south and north, but we have not had a drop of rain. Ive worked in the garden, doing week control. Most of the seeds I planted have sprouted and are doing pretty good. I just dont want to see any hail please. The sweet corn is up about 4 inches or more, looks like its almost 100% popage on them. Ok it just started raining all the sudden really hard and the wind blowing like crazy just now. It didnt last long tho maybe 2 min.

I was out walking last evening and found we have a full family of owls. I saw 4 last night but there may be more. Today we were coming home from town and there was a little Pairie dog running up the road way from us, Im not sure where he is from tho. Maybe the pasture across the road from us. Any way he kept running up the road, I dont think they could get lost I hope.

Our jack russell just got back from his afternoon run, and of course he found a fresh cow pie to roll in, uck! and of course he hates water. Its not even funny when he goes to jump up on you and hes all green from rolling.

I havent sewn a thing in a few days, it just been to warm to even move to much in the house.
I've joined an online applique' swap with 9 other ladys from the quilters chat I chat in. I think its going to be alot of fun. My theme is anything fantisy, like unicorns and dragons and so on.
It will be a challange for sure. So I have put togeather a pattern for my block "a Troll" now I just need to decide what background to use and what to send on when we get started. Im somewhat trying to think out side the box for this. I think I have figured out somewhat, what ill do for the others in the swap that know what theme they are wanting.

We heard from the heating and cooling guy about putting in the air and heat unit, hes ordering it ! So its jsut a matter of time now. It cant be to soon for me, Hot flashes and summer heat dont work for me. We are having to do this in stages becasue he is really really busy right now, so the electric will be updated some time later before winter. The current service will run the air cool but not the heating in the winter. The working on the bedroom will continue after the air is in, its just to hot to work in the dust and plaster. As long as we have it done by winter Im not worried. These old house are hard to get all the duct work to all the rooms, we need to figure out how were going to get it up stairs to Jessicas room and the spare room. The other room up there isnt finished more storage than anything kind of room but it could be made into a nice room also.
We will need to get the walls in there insulated being there is very little in that room, but it all takes time. We have had a mouse visiting the bedroom everynight now for the last few nights.Hes pretty wise the cats cant seem to catch him. I dont like having mice in the house being they chew on everything, wood and wires and whatever they find to use as bedding.

Well I guess I'll get something done now that is cooling off a bit down to 84 in the house now.

Oh yea I found some really cute watermellon fabric today would make a cute table runner for summer. Or maybe pot holders.
Any way off I go.......

No comments: