Saturday, June 23, 2007

Baby birds are here

Lets see what have I been doing the last few days besides being just plain out hot. I have been working on my block for the appy swap, finished a block for a love quilt. Worked in the garden, have tomatoes set right now that made me happy. Every thing is growing good even the weeds.

The air conditioning guys were here thursday and friday, Im thinking its going to be a long prossess to get the duct work up to the second floor and into the rooms, the down stairs wasnt to much of a problem so far. They started knocking a hole in the wall going up the stairs to remove a set of boards 5 1/2 inches deep from one of the stud areas they need to feed the duct work up. Made me a little nervious to see a big hole going in the wall being its slat and plaster still. We arnt going to update the walls in the stair well for a while its pretty much last on the list.
Oh well we will see what happens. The big thing is we will have air conditioning and heating this winter. The big ugly older than me space propane space heaters can be taken out leaving me with more space in the front room to move the furniture around. And I wont have to worry about them blowing out and having propane in the air.

It seems the heat has moved in to stay, we have been really lucky up to this point that we havent had the high heat like we had last summer. But the humdity has been up there so its not really very nice.

We went to a Goodwill that just opened not to far from us, about 45 min from here, and wow there was bags and bags of fabric and a huge table of yardage. I got some Moda brand fabric which was a huge find, and a big bag of lace, glitz, and misc stuff. Lots and lots of fabric.
So now I have to be good and not spend anymore on fabs for a while.
Remember those eggs in one of my post before, these are the babys that have hatched. I still don't know which baby is not the same as all the others. The tiny one in the middle of the pix below had just hatched yesterday. So much more tiny than the others. Its being so hot the babys were venting to cool down. Its such a wonderious thing.

Well im off to sew for awhile maybe I'll get the troll done tonight, and I can put of pix of it.

2 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

I like your troll! Very nice. Tough to make that kind of vision come to life in fabric. Now for the one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eater...

swooze said...

Oh thanks for showing the baby birds. I love looking at them.