Thursday, June 14, 2007

Days of rain......


Well we had quite a bit of rain yesterday, and its still cloudy and a threat of more rain today.

I'm sure the farmers that are planting the december corn right now are not so happy, but for those that had there corn in are happy. The water stores are looking pretty full and the Republican river is running real full from all the rain they have had up stream. Nebraska has been in drought for about 12 years now to some degree. Most of the farmers around here havent seen this much rain for alot of years.


I was out walking and found the nest totally by accident, the strange things there are the little blue eggs and then there is one larger egg that looks totally different, Ive heard of birds leaving a egg for other birds to care for. I feel sorry for the little mommy bird that has the little blue eggs, Im sure the visitor is going to bigger than her and her babys.

The white material you see is from my big dog millie when she tore up a pillow I left on the porch. There was fiber stuffing all over the yard, the birds use everything they can find.

I love finds of nature like this, I watch as a baby magpie grew up back behind the garden and the baby has flown the coop now as you might say. This is one of the reasons I love living out here in the country away from traffic and people in general.

I did a little hand sewing yesterday, working on pattern I saw in one of the magazines and just loved it, I know I know, I have so many other things to be working on....I felt like doing something new for a bit. Plus the pratice on my hand stitching, I admit im a bit rusty. I started relying on the sewing machine for everything it seems. Its kinda soothing to hand sew till I make a mistake or the thread gets a tangled. All the time im sewing im thinking about what background fabs to use for the swap, I thought I had it all worked out what I wanted to do then, being female, I changed my mind. Its really not the size in question its the colors maybe Ill mix it up with some dark and some light. Light backgrounds seem to end up in the washer so much more. Its nice we have 12 people for the swap now, that will make for a really nice quilt in the end.

Well I guess I had better get something done today, being cool and all. Ive so had the lazy humdrums....

2 comments:

swooze said...

What a great find! I am a nature girl too. Let us know if you figure out who the visitor is.

Rhonda said...

We've have lots of rain too but in Texas this is a goooooood thing! LOL