Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy Labor day weekend, we went to a cookout yesterday. Had a really nice time. I cant believer Aug. is over and done with, where did it go, time seems to be rushing by. I saw in walmart they already have the christmas stuff up for sale, I sware it gets earlyer every year.
pretty soon they will just leave it all up for the next year.

The pix above is the start of my 3-D quilt. Its going pretty good just havent had alot of time to work on it. I felt like doing some appliqueing so I put it aside and worked on cat appy. I should never try to do anything when im tired and when its late. I took alook at it the next day after working on it and gesh i have some unsewing to do. Im pleased with how the ninepatch is coming out and its going to be huge. The pix above shows on half of one row, and there are 4 more rows to go plus the sash that goes around the out side. Its all done on point except the ninepatch blocks them selves. SO im really brushing up on my point sewing.

This week I recieved the appy swap package from one of the quilt chat girls im doing it with.
I have started her block, theme is around the pond. So im doing a swan with lilly pads and an abstract wave with some special fab I found that looks like the top of a pond looking down in to it. I have it layed out and I will start sewing it today. I will put up pix when i get done with hers and ill take a pix of hers also and put it up here to. Elsie did a real nice job on her block to start her theme out.

I havent been taking to many pix as of late, seems ever time there is a pix event im with out my camera. I need to get back into taking the camera with me more. Posting up on ebay has been keeping me busy and Jessica being back in school keeps me also busy to.

Well I guess ill get to sewing while I have a chance......

4 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

Look at you getting things completed! Now you will have time to join another Swap!

swooze said...

Love your quilt. Still trying to see why it is called 3D.

Desi said...

Yummy quilt! I'd love to get the pattern.

Come and visit my studio. http://gotoyourstudio.blogspot.com/

SuBee said...

You have a really interesting blog -- I've been enjoying reading it for about 20 minutes now. And BTW - you make really cool quilts!