Saturday, August 11, 2007

Old buildings,sewing and freeezing for winter.












Above are 2 pix of the old part of Omaha that I took when we went to see my daughter Samantha a few weeks ago. Such a contrast from the old to the new in the background.
Below is a pix of my property from a few years ago. It looks still pretty much the same as then tho. Our property is sorta a wedge to the north (top of the pix) is a line of trees that is 3 trees deep all the way to the back of the corral. and on the south side (bottom side of pix) is a broken line of trees all the way up the driveway. north is a pasture and south is a wheat flield or milo flield depending on the year.



Ok what did I get done this week, My daughter came to see us on tuesday, her new boyfriend flew here and they stayed until thursday. It was nice to meet him, he seems to be a really nice guy. We went fishing on Wednesday in the heat (97 degrees) and didnt catch a thing, think the fish are much smarter than us. Then Sam and her bf camped out at the state park where we had gone fishing. A nice quiet get way for them after all the busyness of there lives in Omaha. Her boyfriend is studing to become a commersial pilot.

I worked on the ninepatch, got all the ninepatch blocks made and started putting the 3-d part of it on the blocks. It is slow going, never was really to good at sewing on point. So this is going to give me lots of pratice. Also worked in my sewing room to get things more organized. Today I got the kitty cat quilt ready to quilt.

Today also cooked and froze all the beets I had pulled, about 15 quarts of them.
Froze some squash also. My tomatoes are starting to all get red alittle at atime and there are lots to go yet. Cherry tomatoes (my favorite) are starting to turn and there are alot set.

Tomarrow I will try to get some of the machine quilting down on the kitty quilt hopefully. and who knows what elce.

1 comment:

swooze said...

I love to see the old architecture in these little towns. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you have been super busy.