Saturday, October 27, 2007

Maudie-mae's block

Finally finished Maudie-Mae's block for the appy swap im in with the some of the girls from Quiltchat. Maudie's theme is anything school related. I came up with the idea thinking about my grandma and her teaching in a one room school house. One of the most important things to her was reading. Her thoughts were if you couldn't read you couldnt do anything else in life.

The little girl has no face because she is not representing one child but all the children of the world that sit down with their very first book to read. This was a fun block to do and even tho it gave me fits along the way I enjoyed doing it.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your applique block is beautiful. It's creative and very well done.

Angela said...

this is adorable. My sister the librian would love this!

Sarah Nopp said...

That is a Sweet child. She will love it.
I hope you are doing well- I keep missing you in Chat! See you around soon!

swooze said...

Very nice. How much longer do you gals have on this swap?

Rhonda said...

Neat idea...looks great!