Saturday, October 6, 2007

marathon of yard sales last weekend












Last weekend we went on a marathon of yardsales, estate sales, and antiques shops.




Nebraska held there Junk Jaunt, for 3 days for 250 miles in middle Nebraska many many people were getting rid of there stuff and junk and treasures to all that would buy.



This picture is of the Middle Loop river, the day was cold and rainy but us diehards were still out looking for that deal around the corner.



Along with many others on this quest we started filling up our truck from the start. We decited since it was a bit of a drive to go home every night we camped out at Victoria Springs state camp ground. Very nice place with tall trees and lots of shelter from the wind, thank goodness. Saturday nigth we had a storm blow threw with 70mph winds and it hadnt been for the trees we would have been blown way. There was even at threat of a tornado.... what adventures right?



We were looking for stuff to hold us over the winter to sell on ebay, and of course I aways quest the fabric, patterns, books and all that good stuff. We did get alot of good deals, but alot of the stuff for sale was high in price ( guess they loved there stuff). If they thought it might be old they put a fancy price tag on it and ask for an arm and leg for it no matter what condition it was.



Sean has such the luck, he had people giving him stuff every where he went. He found a trolling motor for 5 dollers in great condition, and old electric grill cooker vintage about 1950 ive never seen one like it,and all kinds of that boring man stuff. It was alot of fun but by sunday I was tired and cold, and wanted to go home. Id say we went to at least 200-300 sales over the course of the weekend and we miss quite a few.



I saw old quilts, old sewing machines of every shape and size, thousands of kitchen utensils from way in the past, pickle crocks were very common at alot of the sales. I talked one lady into keeping her mothers quilt that she wanted to sell. Saw a queen size 30s quilt in all triangles for sale all hand pieced.



I did pick up some 1930s fabric and some other vintage fabric along the way even a cutter quilt. And lots of newer fabric from ladys that were cleaning out there sewing rooms. Also added to my bits and pieces of fabric I seem to have quite the collection of now.



Ive had requests to show off my finds so I'm putting up pix of my sewing room, alot of what ive gotten over the summer is all ready sorted and put away, the last two weekends of yard sales I havent gotten sorted yet so my sewing room is a mess.










In these pictures are some of what I got this last weekend like I said I havent gotten it sorted.












The next pictures are my stash................









These 2 pictures are the inside of my sewing machine table, above is current fabric Im using or have been using and hasnt made it back up stairs. Below is manufactures samples. Things can get out of hand really fast seems I just cleaned up my sewing room and sewing table not to long ago. I really need to spend a day and do it again.

So anyway we had lots of fun, met alot of neat people and saw lots of animals. But im glad its over for an other year.

Well of to do something constructive.......

2 comments:

swooze said...

Thanks for showing your treasures! So how do you do with ebay sales in the winter or will this be the first time you do that?

saphirz said...

This will be my first winter, Ive always just sold in the summer before when I was working. Now this is my extra Income to keep me retired. So we will see what the winter brings. Ive heard from other ebayers in my family that its so much better in the winter.