Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Every quilt needs an outhouse....

This is the block for "T" that is one of the girls in the swap im in, her theme is photo album.
This is not an actual picture I have seen but a combo of a few pictures of my grandparents farm.
We had a Outhouse in the back side yard that would have looked out at the the south field. The windmill was in the back yard on the way out to the barn, we pumped water to a water trough for the cows in the pasture behind the house by the barn and chicken coop. and the Apple tree would have been one of many fruit trees to the north of the house.
Our outhouse was abit bigger , we had a 3 setter, up town! and at the back of the out house was the coal house. Finally we never had fence post that were the same, mostly they would be tree limbs cut to size.
I hope 'T' enjoys. it was fun to make.

3 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

I just sent off my first ever Center Blcok for my first ever Round Robin!
Oh- there is a tavern here that still has a functioning outhouse. I am not sure if that is something to brag about or not...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/

Rhonda said...

Love the "outhouse". My grandparents had a 2 seater but they used the new indoor bathroom. I liked the outhouse myself...hehehehehehe