Saturday, August 30, 2008

The last of August, where did the summer go?


Well its almost the end of summer, where did it go? Jessica went on her Europian discovery with People to people in July, she went to Italy, Austria, Switzerland, and France. 20 days of constant travel and sight seeing, also learning the history of many of the towns and citys she was in.
She started with People to People back in November of last year, She went to quite a few classes during the time from November to June. She passed the course in June and became a student Ambassador for the United States in June. They
Flew in to Roma on the 5th of July and spent about 6-7 days in Italy. Traveling up to the eastern part of Austria, visting citys along the way.
The spent about 7 days in Austria give or take a few days. The went to a castle, visited small towns and large citys. They went to Vienna and a salt mine on the Austria, Germany border.
She with her blond hair and blue eyes really blended right in with the people there. They spent 3 days with a host family in Switzerland. Her family was in Bern. She had alot of fun with them and they were excited to have her being she was the first kid they had hosted. They took really good care of her and she got to experence the every day life in the family there. Her Host brother took her to a birthday party that one of his friends was having when she first got there, him being 19 she got to meet kids her own age. She spent alot of time with the host family extended family also. She was the only one in her deligation that was in a city for the host family stay, she really enjoyed the whole time there.
From there they did more in Austria and Switzerland then they were off to France, the shortest time was spent in France, there departure was from Paris, so they had afew days to enjoy the sights of Paris and all the shops of course.
They spent a total of 20 days in Europe. Jessica was ready to come home and sleep in her own bed after being way that long. Im very proud of here of being able to join and go on such a wonderful trip. She got 30 credits to her high school credits form the trip.
She will beable to go again this next summer with the people to people, this time she will be able to choose where she wants to go. It was such a learning experence for her and all the young boys and girls the are excepted into the program.
She got home and days after getting home she had a week of camp to go to then she got home from that and went to her sisters house in Omaha for almost 3 weeks. Now she is back in school and winding down after a very busy full summer.
I havent been doing any sewing the last month, we have been busy trying to get the bedroom done. we have the drywall up and we are getting the mud and tape on next we are starting to see the light of day. It seems other things need our attention that pulls us way from the room.
Oh well it will get done one of these days LOL.
The other thing that happened the stopped my sewin was Taffy ate my glasses and I cant see up close to sew. I havent been able to replace them yet that is next on the adjenda.
I have also been doing the nasty job of deep cleaning the house. I really hate that, windows, curtains, and all that nasty stuff.
Our garden was a total bust! I have never seen so many grasshoppers in my life. They eat my hole garden by the end of july, not leaving nothing for me. I guess Nebraska and Kansas has had a real problem this year. Now I can understand how the settlers of old felt when the swarms of grasshoppers took all there crops. Oh well there always next year......
We have been picking the wild plums this year, they are quite good. If I had the energy Id make some wild plum jelly, thats if I had the energy! Days seem to go so fast anymore seems hard to get any thing done.
Well thats me up todate with what has been happening in the last few months....
I will post up more of the Europe pictures that Jessica took, she took like 2000 pictures so its going threw and picking some of the better ones.
Enjoy your days............

6 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

Wanna pick some choke cherries for me? I miiisssss chokecherry syrup so badly.

Sarah Nopp said...

How have you been? I haven't seen you in chat in just ages. Look me up on Facebook sometime.

Unknown said...

Saph???? Is this you??? It's Jalynne from eons ago. I've been thinking about you a LOT lately, and wondered how you guys have been. Please drop me a note. I'm on Facebook under Jennifer Kinney, and you can email me through Blogger at craftigirlj@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://jupybyqij.arcadepages.com/gitylyp.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://valutucip.freecities.com/uguvaf.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money