Saturday, January 26, 2008

quit that smoking quilt top.

Well this is what ive been keeping my fingers busy with. I started right around the mid part of November, at the same time of quiting smoking. I have sewn this totally by hand, It has been quilt the experance, ive never done so much hand sewing in my life. But its good way to keep my fingers active so I dont eat so much. I have quit smoking but the craving is still there 24/7. Its more mental need than physical need. I wish there was a magical pill or something to take me back to when I was smoking my first cig and not let me do it. I think quiting has been one of the hardest things ive had to do for my self ever. I hope everyone in quilt chat understands I really still have a hard time sitting and just chatting, I really have to keep my hands busy all the time.

Anyway I have sashing to do on 2 sides and this will be done. I havent deciteded yet if this will be the back to an other hand sewn top or if this will be the top and Ill start a new top.
All the colored fabric is real 1900's to 1930's fabric. The muslin is new. and its 100% hand sewn.
I want to enter into the fair this summer here.

I have started the next eather top or other side to this top or bottom how ever it turns out to be.
The other will have real fabric from the 1900's to 1930's also. I have also gotten patterns from that time period that were from the Kansas City Star. One of the blocks is a baby fan applique that I will be using and the other block will be 4 patches in a design called the Carrie Nation Quilt. Which I will totally hand sew also. After thats done I will decide if the two tops will go to geather as top and bottom or rather 2 tops to seperate quilts.

1 comment:

Harmany Quilting said...

Your quilt is lovely, and you're not smoking. Well done to both. Did you paper piece, ie English piece or just simply back stitch along the seams? I would love to make one as I have a 'thing' for hand piecing and applique.

Nicola in West Australia